Impinj Speedway Revolution RFID Reader
RFID application environments are dynamic. Everything from RF interference, RFID tag quantity, and ambient RF noise to building materials near an RFID installation affect system performance. Most users configure their RFID readers for worst case scenarios, often compromising best performance in the process.
With its innovative Autopilot features, Impinj Speedway Revolution RFID Readers delivers peak performance - all day, every day.
Click Here for FREE RFID Antennas
With Autopilot, a set of unique RFID firmware features work together to automatically optimize the RFID reader's operation for its environment:
- Autoset - continuously optimizes the RFID reader's configuration for the best, most reliable performance.
- Low duty cycle - reduces RF interference, power consumption, and energy costs.
- Dynamic RFID Antenna switching - improves throughput and helps the RFID reader work more efficiently.
The Impinj Speedway Revolution RFID Reader also delivers increased application flexibility via support for Power over Ethernet (PoE), which simplifies RFID deployment and dramatically reduces cost by eliminating the need for AC outlet installation at read points.
And this revolutionary rfid reader improves upon the advanced hardware capabilities that made the original Speedway RFID reader the choice for many demanding customers capabilities such as best receive sensitivity, interference rejection, and item-level carrier cancellation.
Impinj, defining the future of RFID, where superior performance comes easy.
Available in two-port (R220) and four-port (R420) versions.
Compliant with North American (FCC) and European (ETSI) frequency regulations.
PoE - Expanding options, reducing costs
The Impinj Speedway Revolution RFID Reader delivers increased application fexibility via new features such as support for Power over Ethernet (PoE), which simplifes RFID deployment and dramatically reduces cost by eliminating the need for AC outlet installation at read points.
Its low power consumption reduces your operating costs as well as your green house gas (GHG) emissions, but the Speedway Revolution still doesn’t compromise delivering the full 30 dBm transmit power and the highest read performance available, even with PoE operation.
With a more compact form factor, the Impinj Speedway Revolution RFID Reader enables a wider range of RFID installation options. And choice of two- or four-monostatic RFID antenna port confgurations provides added fexibility.
- 2 and 4 RFID antenna port confgurations
- Power over Ethernet
- Autopilot (automatically senses environment and confgures settings for best performance)
- Enterprise-class management and monitoring
- Support from industry-leading software vendors such as Microsoft and IBM
- Industry standard RFID application interface with support for EPCglobal Low Level Reader Protocol (LLRP)
- Industry’s best sensitivity
- Innovative features to enable read zone containment and eliminate stray reads
- High transmit power capable to overcome cable losses
- EPCglobal-compliant design
- Quality design resulting in industry’s highest reliability
- Global RFID partner and support network
Whether you’re initiating a RFID pilot program,transitioning your pilot to RFID full deployment,or expanding your RFID capability, Impinj Speedway Revolution RFID readers will ensure a rewarding RFID deployment experience.
Impinj Speedway Revolution RFID Reader at a Glance
|Speedway R420||Speedway R220|
|RFID Antennas||4 high performance, monostatic RFID antenna ports optimized for Impinj RFID antennas (RP TNC)||2 high performance, monostatic RFID antenna ports optimized for Impinj RFID antennas (RP TNC)|
|RFID Air Protocols||EPCglobal UHF Class 1 Gen 2 / ISO 18000-6C
|Max Receive Sensitivity||-82 dBm
|Max Return Loss||10 dB|
|Typical Throughput in Challenging Environment (Autoset Dense Reader Mode for FCC)||~430 tags/second||~300 tags/second|
|RFID Application Interface||EPCglobal Low Level Reader Protocol (LLRP) 1.0.1
|Network Connectivity||10/100BASE-T auto-negotiate (full/half) with auto-sensing MDI/MCX for auto-crossover (RJ-45)|
|IP Address Configuration||
|Time Sychronization||Network Time Protocol (NTP)|
|RFID Management Interfaces||
|Reliable RFID Firmware Upgrade||
|RFID Management Console||
|USB||USB 1.1 Device (Type B) and Host (Type A) ports
* maximum is 31.5 dBm for ETSI region readers
|Environmental Sealing||IEC IP52|
|Operating Temperature||-20 ºC to +50 ºC|
|Humidity||5% to 95%, non-condensing|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||7.5 x 6.9 x 1.2 in (19 x 17.5 x 3 cm)|
|Weight||1.5 lbs (0.68kg)|
|RoHS||Compliant to European Union directive 2002/95/EC|